What do you want to tackle at work?
Do you want to understand more about having those potentially difficult conversations at work?
Watch recording of my 30 minute free webinar on this topic:
Effective team work is energizing, creative, productive and fulfilling. Sadly, too many teams are not like that.
Does your team suffer from:
- A blame culture, where people do not take responsibility for their actions and mistakes.
- People not pulling their weight, not following through on what they say they are going to do.
- Personality clashes between individuals, creating tensions in the team.
- Departments working in silos rather than with each other.
- People not sharing ideas, or supporting and helping each other out.
eLearning courses coming soon…
Happy Healthy Conflict: Having difficult conversations at work and in life
'There are three types of workers:
those who get things done,
those who watch things get done,
and those who wonder how so much got done.'
Mary Kay Ash
Challenging interactions can be with customers, clients, suppliers, colleagues or your manager. Different people find different things challenging: saying No to a colleague, asking for a pay rise, negotiating fees with a client or dealing with an angry person.
If you find yourself in these kinds of situations and you either:
- Get wound up and say the wrong thing.
- Or avoid saying anything and want to run away.
Then coaching and training in how to deal with those challenging interactions will help you to deal with these situations effectively, and with ease.
‘How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.’
Few people like conflict. However, conflict is inevitable in life, there will be differences of opinion, personality clashes, different priorities at work. However, if handled well, conflict can become a constructive process. I believe that there is such a thing as Happy Healthy Conflict.
- Understanding and mastering your own natural response to conflict.
- Gaining a better understanding of how others react during conflict.
- Listening, questioning in order to understand where the other person is coming from, even if you disagree.
- Managing the interaction with others to ensure it is as constructive as possible.
- Communicating concisely and with clarity.
Group coaching, training and 121 coaching can assist individuals, team, managers and leaders create Happy Healthy Conflict and have those difficult conversations at work.
‘People are usually quite happy to consider a clearly expressed request
– it is the accumulated backlog of resentment that gets their back up.’
Life would be very boring if we were all the same, but we can often think ‘If only they were more like me’!
Personality clashes are fascinating to me. Once you understand more about your own and other people’s personality type, then you can learn how to use the different strengths, learn how to deal with each other’s differences.
Whether you are looking for:
- An individual assessment.
- Working with a team.
- Helping individuals who are in conflict with each other.
We would draw on a range of instruments and models to help you to understand and fully utilise personalities differences.
‘Some people weave burlap into the fabric of our lives,
and some weave gold thread.
Both contribute to make the whole picture beautiful and unique.’
- Dread having to do a presentation?
- Find it hard to get your points across in meetings?
- Want to give engaging talks and presentations to promote your business your ideas?
- Find yourself lost for words at the crucial moment?
Presenting Yourself with Confidence comes from working from the inside out.
Once you have the right mindset, thoughts and beliefs, you start to feel positive about yourself, which transforms how you present to others.
‘I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.’